Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Why Hello!

I guess this officially welcomes me to blogland!

I've been a blog creeper for years - reading, following, stalking others.  I guess it's high time to join the game.

I suppose my ramblings will be mostly about my dogs Marley and Oliver.  Maybe this first post should introduce one of them.  Let's start with Ollie, since I'm rather P.O.'d at Marley today.  I'll share the story behind that next time.

Everyone say "Hi Ollie!"


Oh shit, close your eyes - caught engaging in mildly inappropriate behavior with his sister.

Let's try again...


Nope...mildly inappropriate item at the grocery store.

One more time...


Nailed it :) - apologies for the iPhone pics

I adopted Ollie from a local rescue about 3.5 years ago...I was in the midst of house renos, so he grew up with paint fumes, drywall dust and pliers to chew on instead of bones.  He seems no worse for wear.  Well, except for that lazy eye, but I blame that on the fact that his dad was also his brother.  True story.



Ollie is a lot of things.  He's gentle and quiet.  Slow, steady, and careful to never step a foot out of line.  He's my heart dog and makes me so, so proud (except when he eats poop).  He is THE supreme dweeb and if he were a real boy, he'd totally be the kid stuffed in his locker with his ginch pulled over his forehead.  If he was on Glee, he'd get slushied three times daily.  He is the self-appointed manners police, is the first to referee any sort of rowdy behaviour, and has no qualms about telling off other dogs who dare to sniff his butt.  He drinks his tea with his pinkie out and expects you to do the same, thankyouverymuch.

He has fun toodling around the agility field to the beat of his own drum.  And every Tuesday night, my heart bursts as we make the rounds at the senior's home - he's a certified Therapy Dog with St. John Ambulance.  His coolest accomplishment to date.


My friend, Amanda, came up with the best theme song for Oliver.  Every dog should have a theme song, no? Ollie's is rap.  And it's awesome.


With that, I'll end this first post on a high note.

Round 'em up, ride 'em out.

1 comment: