Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend o' Dog

Amanda told me I should write a blog post...so here we go :)

It was a great weekend full of lotsa doggie fun.  I had to work on Saturday so I took the kids for a run and then they hung out in my office with me.  Ollie figured the window sill was a pretty warm, sunny spot to keep an eye on traffic.



Later that afternoon, it was a dog people reunion at Jolene's Scentsy party.  I knew I was at the right place when I pulled up outside and all the cars had paw print decals on their bumpers.  It's always fun to eat someone else's food and buy stuff I don't need!

Then we met my friend Wendy from Paws on the Run for a little photo shoot.  She takes awesome silhouette shots and I was happy to lend my models to the cause.  My friend Julie and her crazy boy Rosko came along for the fun!  I couldn't be more thrilled with the result!  I have a huge blank wall above my couch and I'm already envisioning a series hanging there.  Thanks Wendy - they are stunning!










Later that night, I ran the 6km race in the Moonlight Run.  6 kms doesn't seem very far, but when the last km and a half is uphill...well, let's just say I ain't walking quite right today.  What a great turnout though - 2500 people ran, which made for crazy moments down in the coulee bottom in the pitch black night, but I think everyone survived.

And the dog fun continued on Sunday!  A quick off leash run with the pups to work off steam and then we headed to the Rally Fun Match.  Both Marley and Ollie did a novice and an excellent course.  Ollie has been through a few rally classes already, but Marley is still pretty green, and she is doing her best to keep her focus.  Surprisingly, Marley took a score of 96 in the novice course.  I think that was third or fourth place, and she beat Ollie, who came in at 94.5, if memory serves me.  But it was all handler error so I'll still consider my little Mr. Perfect to be still pretty perfect.

And then Ollie blew my socks off with a 99 in Excellent!  Only one point off for a crooked front.  We even managed the 'down, walk around' - all he needed was a whole hotdog shoved in his mouth.  Marley did great...really she did...that girl frustrates me sometimes but that is my own demon.  She tries hard for me, but the environment is still so stimulating for her.  We know what we have to work on.  And it's work on my part.  Such a learning experience to train Marley when I'm used to Oliver.  

Here are their videos from the excellent course, thanks to Jo!





A little choir practice (yup I'm that dweeby) later that afternoon and then it was a lazy evening on the couch, when I should have been doing laundry.  A busy weekend but tons of fun!

And now Monday is here, complete with a time change and enough emails full of drama and nastiness to make me want to crawl back into bed permanently.  Can I just say, I love my friends and it's just not gonna sit well with me when someone comes after them - 'constructive criticism' or whatever you may like to call the personal attack.  I wish I could be the kind of person to just play nice, smooth things over, and bite my tongue.  But alas, I also wish I had a toilet made out of gold so I guess it's just not in the cards for me.

Good thing it's the Bachelor Finale tonight and I have something to live for.  Go Lindzi!

2 comments:

  1. I love Marley- even though she is naughty. It will all come together one day. She is just different than mr.perfect. ;)

    And I appreciate the fact that you will always stand up for whats right. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete